Thursday, March 31, 2011

Washington State Archives

Washington State really does have an amazing service for us genealogists. Through their Ask An Archivist program, I have received so much valuable information about my family.  They recently photocopied and mailed me the entire file from my Moore grandparents' divorce in 1947, as well as the property records from one of the houses that my great grandfather Dan Proctor built - all for just the cost of photocopies and mailing ($8.50). In the past, they have located marriage records and death records that I was unable to find. For anyone who is doing family history research in Washington State this is a resource that should not be overlooked.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Though most of my research is in Ohio, every so often someone will have moved to Washington.

    ReplyDelete